Get Help Quickly
Emergency Eye Care
If you find yourself with an eye emergency in Watauga, TX- skip the emergency room and call HD Eyecare instead. Dr. Doan and our friendly staff are available and prepared to treat the majority of common eye emergencies, ranging from infections to trauma to dislodged contact lenses.
What To Do in an Emergency
It is important to seek professional medical care immediately. Our staff can advise you over the phone on best practices for handling an eye emergency prior to receiving treatment.
Common Eye Emergencies
- Eye infections
- Glass, metal, or other foreign object in eye
- Eye or eyelid punctures
- Chemical exposure resulting in pain or vision problems
- Sudden changes in vision or loss of vision
- Scratches to the eye
- Sudden onset of floaters or flashes of light
What To Do in an Eye Emergency
- Seek professional care immediately
- If you have chemicals in your eyes, flush with clean water for 15 minutes
- If there is a foreign object stuck in your eye, do not rub it. Gently rinse away debris if possible
- If you have been hit in the eye by a hard blow, use a cold compress on the eye to prevent swelling
- If your eye or eyelid has been punctured, cover your eye without compressing and do not rinse.